Recipe Alert: Cook along with Us!
Recently we hung out with Renee Frojo from Off The Grid and walked through all the steps on how to make our ginger lemongrass turmeric ice cream in a home ice cream maker. Believe it or not…it’s easier than you might think. Here is the link to the blog and video where you can watch us talk about tea, ice cream, and what it’s like owning an ice cream truck: https://offthegrid.com/blog/recipe-reveal-jollys-ginger-lemongrass-turmeric-ice-cream/
Ginger Lemongrass Turmeric Ice Cream
Makes about one quart
2 cups milk
2 oz ginger, about 4-5 inches or 56 grams
1 teaspoon turmeric, half a finger, or 8 grams
3 inches lemongrass, 8 grams
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon corn syrup
1. Bring milk to just below boiling
2. Meanwhile, peel and chop ginger and turmeric; and smash lemongrass
3. Steep ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass in hot milk for 10 minutes.
4. Strain milk, pour about 1/4 cup in cornstarch to make a slurry and set aside.
5. Mix milk, cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a pot and bring to boil.
6. Boil for 4 minutes.
7. Cool slightly then slowly add cornstarch slurry while stirring.
8. Return to boil, boil for 1 minute, and then completely cool.
9. Chill overnight.
10. Process mix in ice cream maker.